Welcome to MarionMade! MarionMade! is about loving our Marion area’s people, places, products, and programs. It’s about acting like someone who loves our community would act. It’s about developing relationships and investing in our community. It’s about doing what’s good for our community because we know that good will benefit us all. MarionMade! is an exclamation that we proudly stand together in support of our vibrant community.
MarionMade! recognizes our amazing past, but is focused on the present and future of our lively and remarkable community. MarionMade! seeks to increase community pride by promoting positive features and stories about Marion’s people, products, places, programs, and projects. MarionMade! will spread the news that the greater Marion area is a rebounded and vibrant community. MarionMade! seeks to ensure people view Marion as a positive place to live, work, play, and visit.
Industry, advanced manufacturing, thriving small businesses, affordable and varied housing, recreation, entertainment, major health care providers, educational opportunities across the spectrum, historical sites, the arts, and generous people – we have it all! Rediscover Marion or discover it for the first time. Most of all, love our community by acting like someone who loves our community would act.
How do we do this? MarionMade! is for the people who live, work, play and visit in Marion County. Click HERE for more ways to join the effort.
Loving Your Community!
Studies show communities prosper when their residents have a positive attachment to their community. No community is perfect and it is easy to “admire” a community’s imperfections. Marion has had its share of difficult times in recent memory. Some local plant closings, a national drug problem, and a world-wide recession have worked against the positive sense of place this strong, proud community possesses. Marionites are resilient, however, and we are rising again to solve problems and move forward.
Loving where you live is important. We all want to love our community, but how? Melody Warnick’s book, This Is Where You Belong, was part of a 2017 Marion Community Read initiative, done in partnership with the Marion Community Foundation, Marion Public Library and MarionMade!. The book provides hands-on principles and tactics for loving where you live. You can find a copy at the Marion Public Library. It is a quick read to learn how you can be a positive force in our community and your life.
Again…What is MarionMade?
The Team Name — for the feeling of pride in our county.
The Gathering Place — on social media for anyone in the community to share their positive stories about Marion’s people, places, products, and programs.
The Go-To Place — to gather information about the community.
The Tool — to help others in our community share the pride and become a fan or part of the team.
The Cheerleader — to encourage new growth and positive feedback about Marion County as a great place to live, work, play, and visit.
The Uniter — by sharing the great news about our people, places, products, programs from our past, present and future.
Join the MarionMade! effort by:
- — Creating and promoting messaging that supports Marion
- — Increasing awareness of good people, places, and things in Marion
- — Making MarionMade! a recognizable Marion brand for individuals, companies, and organizations by incorporating the MarionMade! logo and tag line into your current business plans, culture, promotion, advertising, and activities
- — Sharing among current and former residents positive attributes and happenings of Marion
- — Sharing stories demonstrating Marion’s influence on important societal contributions through the work and achievements of its businesses, organizations, and individuals
- — Liking, sharing, tweeting, posting, snapping, and pinning all good things about Marion on social media and encouraging others to do the same using #marionmade and @marionmadeohio
- — Informing former Marionites who work in business of Marion’s economic development successes and opportunities
- — Using the MarionMade! logo freely on front doors, websites, press releases, products, and promotions to be part of the MarionMade! effort
- — Adding “Proud to be” or “MarionMade! We Are.”
- — Creating MarionMade!-branded promotional items for your employees (shirts, hats, patches on uniforms, etc.)
- — Submitting interesting stories about people, places, products, and programs to WeAre@MarionMade.org;
- — Knowing our community—restaurants, businesses, recreation, etc.—so you can act like someone who loves your community and is able to share that information
- — Promoting a positive sense of togetherness and pride among Marionites in which everyone is Proud to be MarionMade!
Like, Follow, Share!
MarionMade! is online. Visit the website and Like, Follow, and Share on all of MarionMade!’s social media channels to keep up-to-date with all things MarionMade! We’re on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest as @marionmadeohio or MarionMade Ohio.