Volunteer at MarionMade!
There are a variety of volunteer possibilities with MarionMade! We always are looking for people to help with the following positions:
- Have you ever wanted to perform, but do it so no one knows it is you? We have the perfect opportunity. You can dance, wave like the Queen, and make Marion proud by being our mascot- the MarionMade! exclamation mark. You will work with various age groups, especially children. Must be 5’4″ to 6′ in height and under 180 pounds to fit in the costume. You will always have a handler with you and need to go through a short training session. Opportunity is often on weekends or evenings but is on-call. Must deal with heat well, as it can get warm in the costume. Would need to be able to drive or have a driver to get you to locations and a car large enough for the costume bags.
- MASCOT HELPER
- This dashing mascot needs an escort. It doesn’t do well out on its own, when at events, with children and crowds, as it can’t speak or see well. It needs you to be its eyes and the MarionMade’s voice. The position includes training. Requirements are being able to drive to events around the county and carry 2 large bags that contain the costume. Often needed on weekends or evenings.
- We often get requests from people to document their stories or events with a photograph we can then use on our MarionMade! social media. Sometimes it is of a group holding one of our banners and others it is an action shot. We need quality images to promote the great things happening in our county. The hours are not set times, but on-call with lots of notice. Need to provide your own camera or good cell phone camera, be able to email photos to the office, and work well with people. Need to be able to drive to photo locations.
- SOCIAL MEDIA WRITER
- Looking for people to write quick posts about events and activities taking place throughout Marion County for social media. This can be submitted online.
- TELL THE STORY
- There are many opportunities to share the MarionMade! story and program with the public at events with a table display. We provide the materials and training. You provide your time. Often only a few hours at a time and is often indoors. The hours are not set times, but on-call with lots of notice. Share why you are proud to be MarionMade! with others and be part of our team. Need to like to talk with people, be willing to be trained, and carry up to 25 pounds of materials for presentations. Need to be able to drive to show locations.
Download our Volunteer Application and drop it off at or mail it to 1467 Mt. Vernon Ave, Marion, Ohio. For additional information, please call us at 740.386.4215. Join the MarionMade! team!